Search This Blog

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Saturdays or Mondays?

Today i decided to revisit a previous post, Retail problem #2 popped in my head which is working on Saturdays. My first posting described the horrible emotion which comes along with waking up on a Saturday because I mean who wants to work on a Saturday? 


But i started to look at this from another side and decided to comment on it. There are other jobs outside of retail such as the corporate world which provides the luxury of having weekends off. From the outside this seems spectacular especially to a retail worker, but in all reality this may not be the better option. The grass may not be greener on the other side. I mean would you rather work all week and have two days off or have a rest in between those working days?


I guess this is up to your own preference, to each their own. But looking at the other side, I’m thinking that maybe having a Monday or Wednesday off might be a nice luxury as well. Saturdays are still horrible in retail just because of how packed the store becomes and the amount of the stress that arises as the lines get longer. 



So what is the solution to all this? If i had to make a choice, in a perfect world I would be able to have Mondays and Saturdays off but this is not a perfect world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment