Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Baking meets Retail

Although I normally focus on problems in retail, today I decided to look into another topic which is baking. I know it is in no relation to what I normally post but after I read a post from a fellow blogger which I follow ,  I found this post to be so well written and interesting I had to share it and comment. 

The blog is sugarkisses1.blogspot.com and the post is titled Sweet Little Earths. This post caught my eye because at first I thought what a weird title. But actually going into and reading the post was like being transported into a different world, the world of baking. 

I am not a baker myself but I do have a huge sweet tooth, probably too big. If you really know me, on countless occasions you will see me eating a cookie or a cupcake. Anything sweet will become my best friend. But back to the post. In this posting, the author describes a new trend in baking called geode inclusions which is made from rock candy. From the pictures it looks spectacular. But this is actually something I’ve never heard of before. The blogger provides details of how to actually make rock candy and from the description it seems like it can be made in multiple fashions. The first is described as very time consuming and involves a long process of actually growing the rock candy crystals from scratch. The other ways are much easier options such as simply breaking up hard candy. Although I may never try this myself just because baking is not my specialty I will definitely introduce this concept to my friends who have more of a knack for things like this. 


If you would like to read the post more, here is the link: Sugarkisses

No comments:

Post a Comment