Search This Blog

Thursday, August 4, 2016

Appearance vs. Reality

Dear Readers,





Have you ever gone into a store and really glanced at the appearance of the store ? When I say this I mean looked beyond the merchandise to see if the store is clean or messy? I feel like after working in retail I developed somewhat of a sixth sense. I don't just look at the clothes on the rack. Now when I enter a store I look at the clothes on the floor and the clothes off the hangers.



This brings a mixture of emotions. Sometimes I feel bad for the employees especially if it's really messy. I wonder to myself if people know the employees have to fix that entire mess before going home. On other occasions I find myself subconsciously fixing clothes back on the hangers until I snap back to life and remind myself that I don't work there.


To my fellow retail employees, I'm not sure if you too have developed this sense. But I must apologize for the oblivious customer I was before. Now I do not go into a store with any intention of messing it up. I am more conscious of how I shop meaning I clean up after myself. If I drop a shirt I pick it up.

I feel like this should be a rule or something. Not to be too drastic, but i mean that all shoppers should become more conscious of how they shop. It is completely unnecessary to shop and leave a mess especially after a busy day. If people more aware of the mess they leave , then it would be a much better shopping experience for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment